This page lists current, ongoing, and upcoming exhibitions, publications, book fairs, projects, and more for both Temporary Services and Half Letter Press.
Temporary Services and Half Letter Press publications — An Art Book Affair, Beeler Gallery, Columbus College of Art & Design, Columbus, OH, February 24th and 25th, 2018
We will participate in this artist book fair at CCAD.
An Art Book Affair
Saturday, Feb. 24, 12 – 5 p.m.
Sunday, Feb. 25, 12 – 4 p.m.
Temporary Services & Half Letter Press publications — Self-made: zines and artist books, multiple locations throughout Australia, March 8, 2018 – November 24, 2019
This bold exhibition delves into the evolution of do-it-yourself culture, from limited-run artist books to cut-and-paste photocopy fanzines.
Discover science fiction fanzines from the 1940s, ground-breaking 1970s punk zines, Australian underground press publications, and artist books designed to defy tradition and buck the commercial gallery system.
Supported by Visions of Australia and Creative Victoria.
About the curator
Monica Syrette attended the Canberra Institute of the Arts in the late 1980s, when the city was a major centre for artists books in Australia. In the 1990s she worked at Sydney independent music retailer Waterfront Records, ordering zines from local and international makers and distributors. Monica was archivist at Arts Project Australia and assistant curator at the Grainger Museum, founded by composer and pianist Percy Grainger. Most recently she curated the exhibition Wharfies support! Social justice activism from the Melbourne Docks at Library at the Dock.
Exhibition locations and dates
The Self-made exhibition is touring regional galleries in Victoria, South Australia, New South Wales and Queensland from March 2018 to November 2019.
- Bunjil Place Gallery in Narre Warren from 8 March to 29 April 2018.
- Mildura Arts Centre at 199 Cureton Avenue, Mildura, from 21 June to 1 September 2018.
- Murray Bridge Regional Gallery at 27 Sixth Street, Murray Bridge, from 14 September to 21 October 2018.
New South Wales
- New England Regional Art Museum at 106-114 Kentucky Street, South Hill, from 9 November 2018 to 3 February 2019.
- Tweed Regional Gallery at Mistral Road, South Murwillumbah, from 1 March to 19 May 2019.
- Toowoomba Regional Art Gallery at 531 Ruthen Street, Toowoomba, from 1 June to 1 August 2019.
- Latrobe Regional Gallery at 138 Commercial Road, Morwell, from 14 September to 24 November 2019.